Posted by pauly

It's been a day or two without a post, I've been busy building a website (ooohhh). Not an reason, just an excuse. Yesterday, I took the MMO plunge, but not in the way you would think.

I was looking through my old MMO's and trying to figure out which one to play to get rid of the shakes. Should I play World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars Galaxies? Should I go back in time even farther and play Everquest, or Ultima Online? Then something caught my eye...A game I had played in beta, and then repurchased for my wife when she was pregnant and on bed rest. The Matrix Online.

Now, for those who don't know, the Matrix Online is "one of those" mmorpg's. The ones that came out just shortly after World of Warcraft and were crushed in it's wake. There are probably some out there who didn't even know Matrix Online existed... but sadly, it did. I figure, it's been 4 years, it got bought out by sony, maybe it's better now? Well it is. I played it for a few hours last night, I will play some more tonight no doubt. It was fun, I met a charming fellow by the name of "MoThugz" who let me join his crew, he even gave me a yellow thug jacket to show my "gang colors".

I should probably check with the guild to see if anyone plays this, but I suspect I already know the answer.

Final thought: I brought this up with my wife last night, as we were getting close to falling asleep...it hit me that, in Resident Evil 2 (the game), there was the T-Virus, which turned people into zombies...ok...I get that. It also mutated animals (crocodiles, and spiders, maybe some others I have forgotten) making them larger and scarier. I get that. But on some other animals (dogs) it turned them into zombies like humans, and on other animals (ravens, or...I suspect, probably crows) it just made them bad ass so they flew through windows and pecked at you and shit. What is up with that? Why the differences between different animals?

My wife came up with the solution that "You are Dumb, Go to sleep". But I think there is something deeper at work here.