Posted by pauly

I finished Monkey Island and have started my second play through, this time with the aim being to finish up the achievements that I missed.  Playing it has gotten me in the mood for some more Tim Schafer games, so I am thinking of digging out Full Throttle (which I totally stole from a dude in high school!).  It also has me thinking about downloading Psychonauts through the XBox Marketplace.  It is a game that I borrowed from a friend and never got around to playing much of it.

It also made me think about what other old Lucas Arts games I could get.  I remember you used to be able to call Lucas Arts and get a free book, once a month or so, with a Sam and Max comic in it, and tons upon tons of advertising and merchandise.  I wonder if you still can.  I somehow doubt it.  I used to call them from the payphone at school during lunch and get them to deliver it to my home.  Those little magazines were great.

If you are looking for some more great Lucas Arts games, I suggest the Indiana Jones games available now on Steam.

  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Those two games were great fun.  It’s a different style of game play than what you would be used to unless you played the old Lucas Arts adventure games.  Very similar to Monkey Island actually.  I will try to make this the last post related to Lucas Arts games for a while.

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia.