Posted by pauly

Holy crap…it’s dusty in here.  What happened to this place?  I leave for…ummm…for a long time I suppose, and look at this place.  Well, i’m dusting it off because I have just been knocked back to my childhood a little and I wanted to talk about it.

While I was browsing through the xBox 360 marketplace (well not really, it was on the opening screen) I found out that The Secret of Monkey Island, one of my all time favorite LucasArts games, is available on xBox Live Arcade!  How cool is that?

I downloaded it about 5 hours ago, and have made it about 20% through the game so far.  They have adjusted the graphics, making it look slightly more modern than the original version, but the gameplay is the same, and the jokes still make me chuckle and groan in equal amounts.

The Secret of Monkey Island is available on XBox 360 and on Steam, it may be available elsewhere as well, but I haven’t looked into it much.  If you never played the game when it was first released, you may not enjoy it the way I am, but it is worth checking out either way.